Well, it was already about time to have an orthodontic solution that met all your expectations, right? Invisalign clear aligners are what many hoped for but were never able to get during their teenage years. These aligner trays are sure to help adults and teenagers get the smile they’ve dreamed of in record time.
Let’s get together and check out what Invisalign clear aligners are and what your ortho treatment with Invisalign will look like.
How Does Invisalign Work?
In the simplest of terms, Invisalign is the commercial brand name for a type of clear aligner. Clear aligners themselves are an alternative to the orthodontic braces you may be familiar with. These non-BPA clear plastic aligners serve the same function as a set of traditional braces. This flexible thermoplastic material gets the name SmartTrack.
Clear aligners work by gradually applying force over your teeth and pushing them into a new position. This is only possible thanks to the nature of our jawbones. The pressure slowly pushes the tooth from the root into a new position and the jawbone later hardens accepting the new alignment.
Invisalign is the answer to many questions about the function and form of conventional braces. These are custom-made trays generated in a lab thanks to the work of technicians and top-of-the-line scans of your mouth.
Every set of trays, because you will have to switch to a new set approximately every two weeks, represents a new stage in your orthodontic care and pushes your teeth into a specific position.
Which Teeth Move First With Invisalign?
The short answer is yes.
An experienced and certified orthodontist like Dr. Li knows how to develop a safe treatment plan that aims to correct orthodontic problems, such as dental crowding, excessive spacing between teeth, and jaw malocclusions or malalignments.
Adults and teenagers can use Invisalign clear aligners to help correct:
- Open bite
- Gap teeth (Diastema)
- Crowded teeth
Please keep in mind that these aligners can help correct mild versions of these orthodontic problems. If you have more severe cases, you might be better off with another type of orthodontic appliance. Granted, you could still use clear aligners but might require additional attachments to serve the intended purpose.
You can review this study analyzing the effectiveness of Invisalign in ortho treatments to learn a bit more. However, we need more data to reach more accurate conclusions about the effectiveness of the appliance.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost for Teens and Adults?
It’s hard to say exactly how much any orthodontic treatment will cost without considering the specific conditions of each patient. The cost is, at least on average, pretty similar to that of traditional braces.
Some sources place the final cost of treatment in a range between $3,000 and $5,000. The final cost, however, will vary depending on the severity of your orthodontic problem, how long your treatment takes, and if you have at least partial insurance coverage for orthodontic treatment.
Check with our team to get a better idea of the information about insurance and financials you need to keep in mind before you start your treatment. Fortunately, you won’t have to pay the full cost of treatment in a single installment.
Make sure you ask about our monthly payment plans to make your treatment more affordable. Besides, we have a treatment cost calculator on our site. Just fill in the information and get the estimated monthly cost for your treatment to verify if it’s within your budget.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Invisalign?
We’re glad you’re bringing this up. There wouldn’t be any need for need orthodontic appliances if it weren’t for any potential advantages over traditional metal braces, right?
Fortunately, there’s plenty of good coming from choosing these aligner trays over other appliances. Let’s take a look at some pros and cons of Invisalign.
- Removable Trays. Let’s start with this one. Invisalign clear aligner trays are removable. That’s right. You get to take them off whenever you need to. Please note we’re saying you can take them off on occasion and not whenever you want to. The official Invisalign FAQ reminds all patients to wear their aligners daily anywhere between 20 to 22 hours per day. You can take off the trays to eat, whenever you drink your morning coffee, or when you have to brush your teeth and use dental floss.
- Clear Plastic Materials. This treatment option offers patients a more discreet appliance choice to avoid the looks of any prying eyes. Adults who work in an office setting or teenagers worried about what their classmates will say can remain confident that their nearly invisible trays won’t be a point of talk for anybody who gives you a casual glance.
- Potentially Faster Treatment. Some recorded patients have finished their orthodontic treatment in as little as 6 months. Please check with your orthodontist to set the right expectations and know the estimated treatment time for your case.
- Can Be Easily Lost. Remember how we mentioned these trays are removable? Well, be careful as many patients who take them off and wrap them in napkins or tissue paper end up losing them or throwing them away in the trash can. Take off your trays only in specific situations such as a meal or before your dental hygiene routine but put the trays safely away in their case.
- Can Stain. Beverages, such as red wine, coffee, or black tea, can stain the trays and defeat the purpose of wearing a nearly invisible appliance. Make sure you remember to take off the aligners before you drink your preferred beverages.
- More Expensive. Even if it’s only marginally more expensive, your clear aligners will cost more than braces. Besides, some insurance providers won’t cover these alternatives as they’re not considered medically necessary. Make sure you consider all the estimated treatment costs before you engage with it.
Get Your Ann Arbor Invisalign Treatment
Dr. Li and the team from Embrace Orthodontics want you to achieve your desired smile in as little time and as safely as possible. We would love it if you came for your first free appointment with us to explore what options would work best for you.
Invisalign may just be that option you have been waiting for all your life to get the smile you deserve. The treatment won’t cost as much or take as long as you fear. So come to the office and ask our team all your questions about teeth moving during Invisalign treatment.